SAIL (Sharing Active Independent Lives)
AgeBetter with SAIL
With 500 active members age 55 and better, SAIL is a lively nonprofit program that lifts spirits, provides an anchor for independent living, and offers social and service connections to help members live life on their own terms.
Sharing Active Independent Lives launched in 2005, in collaboration with two of Madison’s longest-serving senior living and care providers: Attic Angel Community and Oakwood Village.
SAIL is a membership program that engages older adults to help with the design and evolution of services and activities to promote independence through connections. Thanks to our “members helping members” model, SAIL offers trusted home and personal services while also addressing the challenges associated with a rapidly growing population of seniors, a limited labor force, lack of government funding, and changing lifestyle preferences of people as they age, and more.
Inspired or created by SAIL members, offer wellness and peace of mind. Here’s a sampling:
- Information about and referrals to pre-screened service providers
- Volunteer opportunities and social events
- Wellness and educational programs
- Discounts on personal emergency response services and exercise classes
- Volunteer help at home (mattress flipping, shredding, light home repairs, and more)
- Technology tutoring and support
- Automated daily check-in service for safety and well-being
- House checks while away
- Medication reviews by a pharmacist
- Workshops regarding the satisfactions and challenges of aging
- Transportation assistance
For the complete story about SAIL, visit SAILtoday.org.